- The cost of moving — a life lesson 2008-08-31
The goal was simple: bring the stuff I need to Amsterdam, the rest to a storage space (courtesy of a friend).
Initially I contacted several moving companies. The high price they asked for caused my attention to shift to the (well-intended) advice I was receiving from friends: organize the operation …
- Unlikely “short” itineraries 2008-06-21
One of my favorites pastimes when procrastinating: looking up unusual ways to travel by train. Using the journey planner with the largest database that I know of, I set myself imaginary goals and I search:
- the longest journey that can be achieved within a day: Marseille-Malmö
- the longest journey in …
- Updating links 2008-06-21
- The Healer 2008-04-20
You scored 36% I to E, 10% N to S, 23% F to T, and 52% J to P!
You are more introverted than extroverted. You are more intuitive than observant, you are more feeling based than thinking based, and you prefer to go with the flow rather than …
- A new Jabber server is born 2007-01-30
Jabber servers are a bit like babies. Except that:
- they don’t cry.
- they do not pee and poo everywhere.
- they are neither male nor female.
- they do not need both a father and a mother to appear.
But you still have to take care of them or they may …
- Viens dans mon bain a bulle et offre moi ta tentacule 2007-01-22
Now that this new website has been running for a little while, it becomes interesting to see what people enter in search engines to come by…
- The all-time favorites: autotools · passphrase generator · vodka-pomme.net · moria · atchoune
- The expected but not so common: elvish writing · lojban tengwar · villa keops
- The unexpected …
- Fighting the monoculture 2007-01-06
Take for example this summary of a study in the Netherlands:
Holland counts 4 million registered MSN users out of an internet population of 11 million. With 26 million MSN users for Europe all together this puts Holland far ahead of other countries.
55% of the dutch MSN population is …
- Site migration 2006-12-04
This week-end I decided to put my new website online. I had been preparing it for several weeks already, and there was where I was keeping this blog up-to-date.